Monday, September 27, 2010

" Hip Hop Battlefield Rants "



Before you even read this post, keep in mind that these are just MY opinions and I don't expect anyone else out there to think like I do.....

Also keep in mind that I am not one of those shaky Hip Hop dudes.....I have my own convictions that are based on being a dedicated Hip Hop student for the majority of my years on this planet......These convictions are concrete, and they cannot be swayed by anything, or anyone.

So walk with me as I unveil a few things on my radar.....

1.." A Sucker Is Born Every Minute ".......................



Big Boi/Boy from the Outcast rolled into town recently, and had enough nerve to charge folks fifty dollars a ticket...

ARE YOU SERIOUS ?.......

To be honest, I never liked anything from Outkast and them, so it didn't ruin my night, but I feel sorry for the weirdo's who spent that kind of bread on a so-called Hip Hop show..

SUCKERS.......

The only person I would spend that kind of money on for a show would be James Brown, if he was still alive.........R.I.P.

Thank god K.R.S. One only charges 20 bucks a show.......

2.." That's Not Hip Hop, That's A Fashion Show ".......



I like to get dipped up like everyone else, but some of this shit is ridiculous........I see some of these dudes rocking all this so-called Hip Hop gear-and they don't know the first thing about Hip Hop or even care for that matter......

Here is a little message for all you fashionistas out there: Style without substance is what we call, PERPATRATING.......

3.." Turn Off The Motherfuckin Radio ".....



This one is an oldie but goodie.....Shit, I have been yelling that most radio shows are only suitable for robots since the late 90's.....

The other day I heard an " Usher " song that made me feel like I was in the motherfucking twilight zone......" Girl you got a booty like POW,POW,POW, and your boobies are like WOW,WOW,WOW ".....

Get the fuck out of here.......How bad can it get ?

4.." It's Hip To Be Square- 2010 Edition "......



I can remember a time when Hip Hop dudes were honest.......If they didn't like your shit, they would look you in the eye and tell you to your face, that your shit is WACK.......

Shiiiiit, if you were on stage yelling that nonsense, you might have even got beat up or hit with an egg or something (I have personally seen it happen)......

Nowadays if you speak out critically about something/someone, you automatically get thrown in the hater box......When cats used to try to diss me when I was a kid- I used that for motivation to step my skill levels up...

We need critical thinkers in Hip Hop to assure that it's practitioners stay on their toes, at all times.....

5.." Thirsty Bloggers, Part 2 "......



I'm a part-time blogger, full-time Hip Hopper...HAHA......I know that sounded corny....

Some of these dudes are part-time Hip Hoppers, but full-time bloggers..........They never go to jams, they never put out mixtapes-only compilations, and for some reason they only post up shit that everyone else has posted up.....

Just to keep a balance- I post up things from my personal record collection, my own mixes, and I have been known to get busy on the remix side of things...HAHA..

Remember when there was no internet, and you relied on word of mouth, jams, record stores, radio, The Source, Rap Pages, Word Up, and your local crews to provide you with your doses of Hip Hop ?

I must admit that I am thankful for all of the musical access I have at my fingertips, but I am slowly getting irritated by thirsty bloggers, payola rap, and cornball dick riders !!!!!!

YA FEEL ME.......

I'm going to stop all the ranting and raving for now (No one cares anyway).............Be on the lookout for more post in the morning....BLAM.

4 comments:

rap music said...

diggin ya blog pimp.

Drasar Monumental said...

I really appreciate that cutty, but please don't call me pimp......

Thanks for checking in.....

Peace-
D

theVextOne said...

Can I call you Lex? Just jivin ya man.
MORE RANT.MORE FIA.MORE BATTLEFIELD.
this is the type a shit that makes me proud to rep tha
GBK.
BO-BO-BO-BO-BO-BO-BO-BO-BO-BO-BO-BO-BO!!!!

Drasar Monumental said...

SAY WORD MY G.....

PEACE-
D