Thursday, April 8, 2010

" R.I.P. Malcolm Mclaren "



When I was growing up- I mainly listened to three different genres of music: Reggae, Punk/Hardcore, and of course Hip Hop...The B-Boys around my way were quick to hop in a mosh pit and slap someone upside the head.....Or roll up spliffs while listening to some Hugh Mundell ....

We looked at these three forms of music as rebellious and naturally gravitated to the abrasive frequencies that they provided for our youthful angst.....

It seems as if Malcolm Mclaren embraced this outlook as well....Not only was he the brains behind seminal punk rock outfit " Sex Pistols ", he also collaborated with different Hip Hop artist over the years (Supreme Team, R.S.C., Afrika Bambaataa, etc)....

Who could ever forget the legendary video for Buffalo Girls ?...

Rest In Peace Malcolm Mclaren- A true pioneer, taste maker, visionary, and creative genius...


2 comments:

Daily Diggers said...

Yo Dras, no need to publish this comment, but if you adjust the width in the video embed code to "380" the the vid will fit the column just nice.

props man

Kid Dyno

Drasar Monumental said...

Oh shit, thanks for the tip.....I had no idea....

Your from over there in Europe: what are your opinions about the passing of Malcolm ?....I'm quite sure it is a different opinion than what people have in the U.S.

Hit me up- my email is ZJUDAH@YAHOO.COM.....