Thursday, April 8, 2010

" Give The Drummer Some "



Clyde Stubblefield's "Funky Drummer" break has to be the most sampled piece of music in history....I have heard everyone from Public Enemy to Fine Young Cannibals rock Clyde's infamous percussion chops...

I could spend days writing about his other musical contributions, but I'm going to save that for a later date....

Peep this mix by the "Scratch Reaction Crew" that features all Funky Drummer samples...It's a good thing they didn't include that god-awful Fine Young Cannibals song (HAHA)...

Tracklist-

1. James Brown - Funky Drummer Reprise (1970)
2. Kev E Kev - Listen To The Man
3. Super Lover Cee - I'm Back
4. Izzy Ice - Funky Freestyle
5. Top Choice Clique - I'll Do The Honors
6. MC Player - Heavy Metal Mic Maniac
7. Ice Cream Tee - Ice Cream Tee Thing (Instrumental)
8. Dose Material - Outlaw
9. Sir Fresh & DJ Critical - Sir-Vere
10. TDS Mob - Crushin' Em
11. MC Breeze - Damn I'm Good
12. Divine Force - My Uptown Beat
13. Butchy B - Beatin' Down KRS
14. Jewel T - I Like It Loud (Instrumental)

DOWNLOAD

No comments: