Saturday, March 24, 2012

" KA Speaks "



In my opinion KA's "Grief Pedigree" is one of the best releases in 2012 thus far.....

It has been on constant rotation ever since I got my hands on it awhile back....Crazy rhyme schemes, moody atmospheric production, and a healthy dose of Brooklyn grittiness make this project stand out apart from the rest...

Passion of the Weiss recently caught up with the former Natural Elements member for a in-depth interview that you should peep..

"There is a noticeable growth and progress in your music, from Natural Elements to Nightbreed to Iron Works to now. Do you think it was a matter of aging and learning and experience?

It was aging. It was aging and going through a lot of shit I was going through. Decade difference… that’s real. You grow, become different person in a 5 or 10 year span. I definitely did. That helped me mature vocally, timing wise, my cadence, my voice, knowing what I wanted to say. It takes time for an artist to know what kind of artists he wants to become. And I learned that, I know what I want to be.

My flow, delivery, I feel like it’s a quiet rage now. Everything I’m saying is very passionate, I really feel it. Some of the songs I can’t even perform without getting emotional. It’s hard, some of these songs… just saying it… (Ka pauses, affected for a very brief moment) It’s not just lyrics. When I talk about one of my friends that got murdered I see him and I’m sad he’s not with me right now. ‘Spoken memorial to all my losses’ – when I say that shit it’s real. Saying it right now I’m getting all emotional. I flash and see all my friends that I wish I could share the album with.

So yeah I noticed the style change. The years helped me out. And life experiences made me the artist that I feel like I am today".

TUNE IN...

And while your at it - the "Grief Pedigree" vinyl is now available...

DO THE RIGHT THING....

No comments: