Thursday, March 8, 2012

" Easy Mo Bee's Top Ten "



Those dudes over at Ego Trip continue with their streak of dope features with Easy Mo Bee's top ten sample flips...This is slowly becoming one of my favorite things to check for on the web...

The former "Rhyming Is Fundamental" member goes in heavy by describing production techniques down to the smallest detail...

WU TANG CLAN- "Take It Back"

Sample Source: Bob James – “Nautilus” (CTI, 1974)

Easy Mo Bee: Basically, I wanted those bells to come out. The bell sounds Bob James was achieving on the keyboard. In a way you can kinda say what I did was [Main Source's] “Live at the Barbeque” to the next level. I was like, I want something a little bit more intricate than [the pattern on] “Live at the Barbeque.” So I’m sampling the kick and snare, but they’re like kick and snare pieces with bits of music left on them. I’m sitting there and I’m playing it back and I kinda ended up getting a slightly new drum pattern out of it too. I added some light guitar sounds on top. Played a bass line that contained some of the original notes from “Nautilus,” but it was slightly different. And it just felt good. And plus, I always wanted to use that, man. Like all of the samples that I wanted to use people done already raped ‘em. So it’s like if you coming behind them you gotta do something great with ‘em or just leave it alone, man.

TUNE IN....

No comments: