Saturday, February 26, 2011

" Saturday Night Shots "



It's about that time to hit ya'll off with some original "Pretty Tony" shit, and I'm not talking about that dude from the Wu who used to rock a stocking cap over his face....

Pretty Tone Capone (Mobstyle) easily makes my top 20 list when it comes to that hardcore shit......He sounded like a Harlem Willie Dee with a splash of Just- Ice......

He was once signed to Rick Rubin's "Ill Labels", but a solo full length album never materialized......However he did release a batch of singles in the early 90's that have managed to age very well......

Salute to you "Pretty Tone Capone" for lyrics like this......."Fuck the ransom, bullets start dancing / seen your nigga dead they had him looking handsome".........(OUCH).

"Can't Talk Too Long On The Phone"......From the Def American 1992 promo tape....(You can thank me later, HAHA)....



And while your at it- you might as well peep the video for "Case Dismissed" and get your mind right.....POW,POW....

>

3 comments:

Unknown said...

word up D, great post Tone Capone was raw as hell, the whole Mobstyle was as well, I think "Kidnapped" is my fave joint from him, but I dig them all.

Drasar Monumental said...

Yeah I wish Capone would have dropped a full length solo album....

Gangsta Shit Part 2- is my all time fave....

Big up-
D

Drasar Monumental said...

Yeah I wish Capone would have dropped a full length solo album....

Gangsta Shit Part 2- is my all time fave....

Big up-
D