Monday, February 7, 2011

" Hip Hop Holiday, Part 3 "



Damn, I can't even front ya'll......My batteries are so charged up from this last weekend, I feel as if I am ready to really go in extra heavy this year...While many complain that Hip Hop is in a state of emergency, I know for a fact Hip Hop is stronger than ever...




Last Friday I had the opportunity to spin at the "Aero Soul 2" jam that popped off in downtown Oakland.......All types of heads showed up, young and old for a night of true talent, dedication, graff, originality, and of course much fun....

Big shout out to Refa, Kufu, Planet, Daze, Cheebie, Fooderz, Daze, Prize, Bode, Sha, Chain 3, Mode 2, Toons, Stan 153 (Thank you for the vibes), Sak, Apex, Crayone, SF'Z'S, Kade, Mad Hatter, Spek, Phade (Shirt Kingz), Phresh, Spie, Estria, Tean, Akse Born (Your a funny dude-keep those flames burning kid), Mark Bode, Chorboogie, DJ 12's (HAHAHA), Ground Level, Mannie, Mark 7 (Your nasty son), Brave, and everyone else that came through to blaze the block up.....

Here are some photos for ya'll that couldn't make it out.....

* Shirt King Phade & myself checking in.........



*The man of mystery, "Mode 2" getting his outline together.....What up Mode.......While I was spinning I threw on a JVC Force track that made him come up and give me the salute...HAHAHAH.......



*Mark 7 /L2S/ cold rocking the spot with jewels....What up Mark...



*King Cre8 outline madness...



*TOWN BIZ.....



* Planet, style king "Chain 3", and myself lamping in the place to be.....BLAM, BLAM...



*The legend Stan 153.....Damn, your a cool brother.....Thank you for "putting it in" famo.....



*Slave crushing......



*Rem 311 R.I.P.......This piece is from 1984 and it still slays most of the toys out there...



*SAY WORD.....



*NASTY...



* You know what it is.....



*Marsah YNN.......BROOKLYN STAND UP.....



*OAKLAND IS ON FIRE KID.......



*YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS....



I could keep posting pics all day from the event, but I have to keep it moving......Thanks again to Refa & Kufu for changing the fucking game.....TNS/TCB/OR-X/GFC/ and now you cats are rocking that TMT shit.....Nuff respect to you brothers for the inspiration and dedication......

*Refa One- TRUE STYLE SUPREMACY.......

4 comments:

SIX2SIX RECORDS said...

DAMN!!!!!!! MODE2 and PHADE stop the madness !!! Was just wonderin about that dude .Does he live in the states these days? and PHADE, i remember used to be at this spot in Queens called Colosseum Mall back in like 88' 89' WORD!!! That's a lot of history . Peace !!

Drasar Monumental said...

Mode still lives in Europe......Yeah the Shirt Kings had shit on smash in the Dapper Dan era famz, but he is still ill with it......

Yo, I saw that Constant Deviants record in Amoeba's recently......SAY WORD....

PEACE-
D

donaleski said...

YO DRAS, AMONG ALL DEM BLOGS IM CHECKIN, YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO STILL REP THE ESSENCE OF UNIVERSAL HIP HOP CULTURE. THE GRAFFITI CHRONICLES U KEEP POSTING ALWAYS BRING POSITIVENESS HOLMES.
THANX FOR NOT FORGETTING WHY WE THE YOUTH LOVE THE MOVEMENT... N OF COURSE ALL PAINTINGS ARE BANGINGS!

Drasar Monumental said...

Thanx man......Were living in a era where so-called Hip Hoppers do not pay proper homage to the foundation........But it's not going to stop me from doing what I need to do.....

I appreciate your opinions my dude......

Peace-
D