Monday, February 21, 2011

" Milkcrate Jewelz 28 "



At this point in my life I hit the record stores at least once a week to see what I can catch out there.....With the invention of Serato dudes are unloading their records at an alarming rate, which is a good thing for me troop....

Sometimes I might treat myself and spend a nice amount of paper on some joints, but I actually enjoy taking the time to find impressive records without the hefty price tag attached to them...

This past weekend I caught a batch of one dollar records that surprised me.....



1..Kool G. Rap....."Foul Cats".............A bugged out Marvin Gaye chop is a perfect backdrop for another session of G Rap mic shredding......This record didn't get much burn when it initially came out for some reason.......

It also came with the instrumental and accapella (Yeah, I'm going to remix this shit eventually-stay tuned).....



2..Money Boss Players......"Bronx Niggas"..............This is such a banging single it's a damn shame that I found it for only a dollar.......I'm not complaining though-HAHAHAHA.....


3..Milano............"Are You Listening?"...............Beat Down Records (T-Ray) put out some decent material in the early 2000's.....Showbiz blesses Milano with some stripped down drama....DOPE...



4...Mad Lion........."Brooklyn Massacre"........Wow, I never even heard this cut......Of course I'm familiar with "Box Of Blunts", "Take It Easy", "Shoot To Kill", "Double Trouble", etc........But somehow this slipped past my radar......

1997-Weeded Records...Produced by Buddah Monk.......





5..Shake Sauvage........"Kidnapping"......

Ill French Soundtrack drama from 1970 composed by Karl Heinz Schafer.......This is amazing music.

CHECK IN...

1 comment:

DONALESKI said...

THESE ARE INDEED GOOD PICKS AT A DOLLAR A SLICE, EVEN ON DUSTY GROOVE U AINT FIND THOSE NO MORE... N DAMN MAN THESE NERVOUS / WRECK RECORDS WERE PRETTY UNDERGROUND, STACKS WERE HEIST WHENEVER TOO EASILY... FUNK FLEX, NINE, KAOTIC STYLE... THESE WERE THE YEARS... SHIT