Monday, August 16, 2010

" Trials Of A Modern Day Digger "



Digging for records on-line is no fun for me....The only record I ever bought on the web (until yesterday) is the one you see me holding on the right side of this blog (T.D.S. Mob)....

My record collection is massive, and it's crazy to think that I had to travel far and wide to catch some of these joints, while other's simply click a button and have it sent to their front porch.....But where is the fun or adventure in that ?.

I case record stores, like some fools case banks..HAHAHA....First, I find out what kind of neighborhood the store is in...Next I casually stroll in and size up the rest of the clientele......After that, I usually scope out the place from top to bottom to find out where the goods are at......

This whole beat digging / bank casing analogy is getting corny so I will just stop right there..(You get my point)...Catching records at spots is more gratifying for me than copping on the web...

If I relied on the internet to fulfill my musical cravings, I would have missed out on a tremendous amount of jewels that I stumbled on by accident.... Fast forward to 2010: Records stores are closing everywhere, Serato has forced certain companies to stop vinyl production altogether, or they press up limited batches which drives the price sky-high.......

What's a brother to do ? .........It feels like I am being forced into buying records online when it comes to brand- spanking new Hip Hop.....

Yesterday I decided to pick up double's of the new Brainsparker & Nutso E.P. (The Gritty and Grimey) on-line for twenty bucks a pop....I just had to have it , the snippets that I heard sounded too crazy for me to sleep any longer........Here is the video for "It's A Shame".....



And while your at it, you might as well cop the E.P. too cousin......

CHECK IN...

1 comment:

diggz81 said...

Energy!