Wednesday, August 11, 2010

" Maestro Fresh Wes Spotlight "



Last year when I flew up to Vancouver, British Columbia for the first time I didn't know what to expect...Even though Canada is so close in proximity to the U.S., the only thing I knew about Canada was Maestro Fresh Wes, Black-Eye (R.I.P.), Checkmate, Raskalz, etc....

WHEW, I was in for a big surprise......Canada is poppin.....Record stores everywhere, universal health care, good food, fly women, and a easy to navigate through public transit system......Even had a chance to check out a show with Q-Bert, Supernatural, and Muggs on the bill....

Hopefully one day I will be able to make it to the east coast of Canada.....

Maestro Fresh Wes made a huge impact on the Hip Hop world from his native Toronto stomping grounds in the late 80's....For some reason he didn't receive the proper accolades he deserved in the U.S. for his musical contributions, but in Canada he is the motherfuckin man....

While I was up there visiting- I even caught your boy Wes on T.V. for a Canadian soap opera type thing..HAHAHA..

I wonder what he would sound like in 2010 if he got back in the booth?

Wes recently dropped a book entitled, "Stick To Your Vision:How To Get Past the Hurdles And Haters To Get Where You Want To Be"

GET YOUR COPY HERE

No comments: