Wednesday, August 4, 2010

" Sound Boy Killing "



These days a gang of so-called reggae D.J.'s / selectors get on my god damn nerves....

1.. Just because you have money for dub plates doesn't mean you are a good D.J.

2..Yeah that song might be the hottest new thing in "yard" / Jamaica, but it still sounds crazy wack to my ears....

3..O.K., O.K., you ran that rhythm for ten minutes straight, but your transition into the next rhythm just train wrecked...OUCH...

4..I don't give a fuck how many sound effects you rock, it still can't cover up the fact that you are a rasclot jukebox.....

5..Quit faking jacks with that bullshit accent....Your ass isn't from Jamaica, and you sound crazy foolish trying to sound like you are...STOP PERPETRATING !!!!!!

I don't mean to sound negative or hyper-critical, I just believe that lately the bar has sunk so low that any new jack fool, truly believes he can spin reggae alongside the cream of the crop....

That's why I give "Shortkut" the two thumbs up.....He approaches reggae from Hip Hop sensibilities, which makes it very easy for him to slice through these paper thin, cornball selectors (And I'm not talking about Mind Motion, even though I have heard him get busy ten times better than this).......

I'm still not quite sure what to make of this sound clash, but it is a interesting listen nevertheless.....Peace to all my family in the Cayman Islands- see ya'll on New Years....

CHECK IN.....

DOWNLOAD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

for real just because you have mad money for wax dosent make you a true dj i agree and if i here more fog horn berrrrrrrrrrrr sounds im gonna im gonna start jacking the sound boy selectas lol youre boston hommi3

Drasar Monumental said...

I'm not talking about wax, I'm talking specifically about the dub plate game...

Which is getting a little out of hand nowadays..Oh yeah, I'm going to send you those spots in Chicago..

Check later on today..

Peace-
D