Monday, August 9, 2010

" Hip Hop Holiday "



* Above piece wrecked by Peezo & Kufu....If you look real closely you will even spot your boy Drasar in the mix...HAHA....Click on the pic for further examination.....BLAM..

This past weekend I got the opportunity to celebrate my Z comrade's 33rd bornday....."Brother Kufu" is originally from Philly but he has now lived in the Oakland area for over twenty years...

He is a walking encyclopedia of all things graff-related.....

It doesn't matter what country the writer or crew is from: Kufu has heard of them.....I'm dead serious.....What I admire about his approach to writing is that he keeps it very B-Boy......Instead of following current trends, he sticks to the script and keeps the foundation alive in his pieces.....

And when it comes to just straight up Hip Hop knowledge...WHEW....It seemed like we were going neck and neck, era for era, for hours.....But what I didn't know was that ( The original J Swiff of 800 Money "Dealing With Aces" fame ) is his biological brother...




"Dealing With Aces" .......Mad Ball Records 1989...


When he found out that I knew about this record he completely lost his marbles....And just to fully shock him I started reciting lyrics from " Dealing With Aces ".........."Strapped down to my uzi / forgive me my lord if I even dare pack a tooley" ........

HAHAHA.....What Kufu didn't know prior to this conversation is that I used to bang the hell out of that song....Come to find out he is sitting on stacks of this extremely rare cut on vinyl......Needless to say, doubles of this joint are on their way to my crib as we speak.......

I want to give a big ZULU shout out to Kufu & his queen, J- Swiff & 800 Money of course, TNS, Planet, State, Wavez, Fran Boogie, WZ, Rashad, Refa, Prize, Vietnam California, and all North Stars who know what time it really is....

Peace-
D



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

fresh stuff you on youre square props baboon bos-ton

Drasar Monumental said...

Good looking out famz....Peace to all my peeps in the Bean...

Respect-
D

Sonny said...

what!? this is what i missed out on!?.... never no more!
peace homie!
-wong

Drasar Monumental said...

HAHAHA.....

Anonymous said...

do you have a camera phone i need some west coast graff fliks if you could send me a flik of that burner or the charecters that would be dope baboon

Drasar Monumental said...

HIT ME UP ON MY E-MAIL & I WILL HIT YOU OFF...

PEACE-
D

Anonymous said...

ok i emailed you my # first day of ramadan i fasted all day sun went down just now on the east coast i know cali 3 hours behind dang im gonna eat now ahhhhh