Monday, August 9, 2010

" Mr. Thing On The Breaks "



While most of the peers that I grew up with in the 80's have abandon Hip Hop, my love for the art form has only grown and blossomed into a bigger monster...It's crazy to think that some of the dudes that have influenced me so much as a youth- now listen to cornball shit...

The usual argument from them is that " Everything started to sound wack around 1996 ".....I understand this sentiment, there was a wave of complete wackness with the influx of Master P, Diddy, and a couple other unworthy candidates around that time....But their was always fly shit dropping to counter act the nonsense......

And up to this day, I still hear fresh shit on a constant....It might not be on Yo M.T.V. Raps or Rap City but it is still out there......So next time one of those stuck in the 80's or 90's cats try to hit you with that,"Everything sucks now speeches" direct them to Hip Hop Battlefield......

Over here my goal is to bring Hip Hop past, present, and future to the table ........I have learned so much from this art form that I feel that a blog is the least I can do...This blog shit is not work for me, it's actually fun and it's amazing that I have connected with so many people through it nationally as well as abroad.......

Anyways, enough of my rambling let me get to the goods.......Former Scratch Pervert "Mr.Thing" goes all out on this break mix (Champion Nerd) 2010......If you want to start your week off correctly- YOU KNOW THE MOTHERFUCKING DRILL !!!

No games are being played on this project...Heavy drums, rare grooves, and plenty "Oh shit that's where they sampled that from moments".......

DOWNLOAD