Thursday, June 2, 2011

" Soul Brother Number One "



Gil Scott Heron, Michael Jackson, and James Brown gone..Sometimes it feels as if the motherfuckin world is coming to an end.....

I can remember the devastating news just like it was yesterday.....I was on a little vacation and I decided to stop by my parents house for a night before heading back to Vietnam, California......At 4:00 o'clock in the morning pops woke me up and said he wanted to talk....

"Damn, pops what's up man I'm right in the middle of some well deserved sleep, what's going on"....He replied, "I'm sorry to tell you this, but James Brown passed away this morning"......

He had this look in his eye that I have never seen before..It was a look that reflected true pain, true confusion, true uncertainty...

Pops was obsessed with James Brown....I'm not talking about admiration, I'm talking about straight up obsession....

What the fuck does this have to do with HIP HOP BATTLEFIELD ?

I recently peeped this compilation by "Scratch Reaction" that rocks all James Brown samples........DO NOT SLEEP..

James Brown - Samples Volume 23
1. James Brown - Funky Drummer Reprise (1970)
2. AMC of Wildstyle - Met My Match
3. Mind Over Matter - Invisible Enemy
4. KSB Fresh - I'm Groovin'
5. Techni Crew - Action Packed
6. MC Jewel - I Am A Poet (Instrumental)
7. Style - Victim To The Vinyl
8. Unique Poet Supreme - Funk Is So Good
9. Majestic Productions - Frontline (Control Version)
10. Majestic Productions - Frontline (Majestic Version)
11. SWS Plus K.O. Posse - Feel No Pain (Instrumental)
12. 2 Deep - Reality Is
13. Joeski Love - Wild Child
14. MCJX - Stand Up For Something
15. Ron B - Live Entertainer (Instrumental)

DOWNLOAD....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you on it big ups alter ha

Drasar Monumental said...

THANKS FAMILY.......SEND ME MORE FLIX IF YOU CAN..

PEACE-
D

Anonymous said...

ill try i havent been painting ive been sitting on 14 cans for like 2 months ill get you some goodies soon alter ha