Wednesday, June 15, 2011

" Milkcrate Jewels 33 "



While diggin through my crates I stumbled onto a record that I haven't listened to in awhile....

DJ Sat-One featuring Baby Black & Outerspace "Dangerzone".....

I remember when Soul Spazm Records sent me doubles of this hot slab of wax in the early 2000's when I had a radio show in Sacramento, California (Roughneck Radio)......Even though the rhyming is decent on this single, what stuck out most in my opinion was the fresh production by Philly's own, "Sat One"..

A floating xylophone loop, horn stabs, heavy drums, and even a couple scratch sentences towards the end of the song = WIN....I could never figure out why this record didn't get much burn on the mixtape circuit at the time...

Do the right thing and check in......



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dope I remember this, thank you fam :)

Drasar Monumental said...

WORD NO PROBLEM MY DUDE

PEACE-
D