Monday, January 24, 2011

" Milkcrate Jewelz 26 "



For this week's "Milkcrate Jewelz" I'm going to take you on another dusty journey through the depths of my crates...... While flipping through the stacks I spotted a record I haven't touched in quite sometime...

The Flavor Unit "Roll With The Flava" L.P........When I copped this back in 93, everyone was pumping Zhane's "Hey Mr. D.J."......I can't front, I NEVER liked the song and it got so much burn at the time it actually gave me a pounding headache every time I heard it...

D-Nice had a descent song on the compilation entitled "Ugh", but for some reason it didn't really catch on......Nikki D , Apache, and the Rotten Rascals also contributed some spices to the project......

For a short period of time Mr. Twin Glocks "Freddie Foxx" rolled with the Flava Unit....It seemed like a perfect match, but somehow he got lost in the shuffle...



Check out this joint that he had on the album (Rough Enough)......Damn, I forgot about this......Angry rhymes, a bugged out ragga voice loop, and that special 93 pressure....

"Rough Enough" - Produced by Freddie Foxx.........



Another cut that I slept on from the compilation is "On The Bone Again" by the mysterious Brooklyn Assault Team.......The song is full of raunchy sex rhymes aimed at the skeezers......Even though some people will be offended, I can't help but laugh when I hear so much profanity....HAHAHA.....

"On The Bone Again" - Produced by Eric Black.....



4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"With burn marks on my hip from my twin glocks"...

Lol "On The Bone Again" was filthy, but had dope production, I still have the LP on wax D :)

Did you peep this?

http://coldrockdaspot.blogspot.com/2011/01/crds-presents-digging-in-tapes-this.html

Drasar Monumental said...

Yo Jaz, do you have the Japhia Life "Pages Of Life" E.P.?

If you do let me know...

Peace-
D

Anonymous said...

"Rough Enough" - Produced by Freddie Foxx"

Been on the lookout for that track for a while, thanks.

Man first time visiting this blog, but god damn it looks good. Great work!