Friday, January 21, 2011

" Drasar Monumental Wrecks The Remix "



This is a remix that I did back in in July of 2010.......I posted it up before, but every dangerous remix deserves more action in my opinion......Here is the original post...

While most people were sleeping last night, I was up in the lab tapping out some next shit...WHEW.....I really hate to pat myself on the back, but I feel like I am in some type of crazy zone with the beats right now...

For this weeks remix I flipped the vocals from Roc Marciano's first group the U.N. (Nothing Lesser).....The original beat by Pete Rock is a god damn monster....Heavy layers of bass, odd noises coming from every direction, and of course crispy, well-cropped drums.....

So for my remix I wanted to try something different (As usual).....Instead of going the chaotic, hardcore route, I opted for more of a laid back, crime boss feel.....Don't get it twisted: you won't hear any cornball synths, or any of that other shit....Just raw, stripped down chops....

This is definitely in the top 20 of the best beats that I have ever made......BLAM.



* If you heard the original sample source- you would truly bug out because I sliced it up so crazily......LISTEN CLOSELY..

5 comments:

HOTSCRIPTURE said...

I like that bro. It's original and creative. I just started bloggin' and I just came across your site. I'mma check out the rest of your stuff and see what's up. Keep on creating bro, you got fire!!!

Drasar Monumental said...

Word up I appreciate that.......Good luck on your blogging endeavors.....

Big up-
D

DONALESKI said...

YO DRASAR, THAT BEAT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER WITHOUT THE VOCAL. YOU SHOULD POST IT STR8 UP. REMINDS ME SOME BOB JAMES INSTRUMENTATION. TRULY FUNKY FRESH... NUFF RESPECT

Drasar Monumental said...

Thanks man......What's wrong with the vocals ?

Matter of fact the Drasar Monumental Mobb Deep remix project is dropping on Valentines Day, and it is fucking insane.....SERIOUSLY.....

Good looks,
D

donaleski said...

Aint nuttin wrong with dem vocals, its just the beat is good enuff, its like tea without sugar -not necessary, nahmeen? Looking forward to hearing more productions of yourz. Peace homeboy!