Thursday, July 29, 2010

" Hip Hop Battlefield Remix Series "



While most people were sleeping last night, I was up in the lab tapping out some next shit...WHEW.....I really hate to pat myself on the back, but I feel like I am in some type of crazy zone with the beats right now...

For this weeks remix I flipped the vocals from the U.N. "Nothing Lesser".....The original beat by Pete Rock is a god damn monster....Heavy layers of bass, odd noises coming from every direction, and of course crispy, well-cropped drums.....

So for my remix I wanted to try something different (As usual).....Instead of going the chaotic, hardcore route, I opted for more of a laid back, crime boss feel.....Don't get it twisted: you won't hear any cornball synths, or any of that other shit....Just raw, stripped down chops....

This is definitely in the top 20 of the best beats that I have ever made......BLAM.




* If you heard the original sample source- you would truly bug out because I sliced it up so crazily......LISTEN CLOSELY..

2 comments:

Sonny said...

you are a beast my brother! dope flip ups! I never heard of U.N. but I was pleasantly surprised... keep it moving mayne!

Drasar Monumental said...

U.N. was a group that had Roc Marciano in it....They put out a dope album " U.N. Or You Out " with beats by Pete Rock,etc.....

You need to call me., gotta chop it up about a couple things...

Peace-
D