Thursday, July 15, 2010

" Greg Nice Interview "



" Dizzy Gillespie plays the sax / me, myself I love to max ".......

Wait, hold up a second.....Dizzy didn't play the motherfuckin sax, he played the trumpet.....HAHAHAHAHAH...It's o.k. Greg, we forgive you because "Funky For You" was a certified scorcher...

Greg Nice got his start beat boxing for T La Rock back in the early 80's.....He went on to form Nice And Smooth and the rest is history as they say.....What people seem to forget is that Nice And Smooth were on Def Jam back then, and you couldn't turn on MTV Raps without seeing one of their videos at the time.....

I'm talking major burn....."Funky For You","Hip Hop Junkies", "Rhyme Slow", and "Dwyck" all recieved major airplay (I'm leaving out the song they did with New Kids On The Block because it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth)....Wow, MTV has sure changed for the worst...

Peep out this interview with Greg that was conducted by Jack Paine (Hip Hop Dx).....He talks about his friendship with Tupac, Sleeping Bag Records, Hip Hop history, etc.........Interesting read..

YOU BETTER CHECK IN...

No comments: