Tuesday, May 31, 2011

" Digging With Drasar - Crate Damage Edition "



Man, where do I begin....

I'm finally recovering from my weekend shenanigans.....Sunday night Mobb Deep got busy at the Mezzanine (SF).....This was the first time I have seen the Mobb and I was truly impressed (Big Noyd even showed up)..

The crowd was full of grimy dudes like myself....You could cut the tension in the air with a butter knife.....SERIOUSLY....Ice grills, copious amounts of blunt steam in the air, fitteds extra low, dudes rocking dark sunglasses indoors, neck tattoos, sloppy drunkards, and all that other wild shit.....

When "Shook Ones 2" started blasting out the speakers this girl directly in front of me straight up fainted.......I'm not talking about a gradual meltdown fam.....Homegirl just dropped to the floor like a sack of potatoes out of nowhere.....BLAM....

Good show though.....The Mobb is still in full motherfuckin effect that's for sure (Big up to Kufu, Demik, Brave, and those two TMF dudes for holding our area down HAHA..)....

Anyway, I stopped by my favorite record store "Amoeba" for my weekly diggin ritual.......The only thing I don't like about this spot is that there are no listening stations.....You better know what the fuck you are looking for or your going to waste some papes amigo...

Other than that they are holding the goods......

When I rock this segment I usually post sampling material, but I am always on the hunt for straight up Hip Hop records as well........So here we go troopers...

My computer is acting funny......I took pics of the records but for some reason things are not working, so I will just have to find various pics on the web.....



1..B1 & Large Pro - "Put Yourself In My Place"...

Not sure what B1 is up to these days, but I wish he would release more material......Everything I have heard him on was straight flames...From "Take Em To War", to "Empire Staters", etc.......

Produced by Kool G..... "Stone Groove Records" ..................Not sure when this dropped (doesn't say on the record) but I'm assuming between 1999 - 2004......

"Put Yourself In My Place"...





2..Diaz Brothers (Doo Wop & Tony Touch) - "Click Bang"....

Several groups have freaked this sample before (which will remain nameless) but the Diaz dudes do a nice job of wrecking it....I'm surprised I have never came across this hot piece of wax until now.....

Not sure when this dropped (doesn't say on the record) but I'm assuming between 2001 - 2005......

Perfect for some mixtape burn...Produced by Tony Touch..

"Click Bang"





3..Money Boss Players - "Crap Game"

This song still sounds as good to me as it did the first time I heard it.....It's a damn shame that Hip Hop production has gotten so soft lately...Joints like this will take you back to the essence of this shit...

Smacking drums, abrasive guitar stabs, and plenty Bronx attitude from MBP...........Already had one copy, finally caught another one.....

Warning Records.....Produced by Minnesota..1996

"Crap Game"





4..Kool G.Rap - "Thugs Anthem" ..

Never heard of this one......Glad to see that it comes with an accapella, but the second dude on the mic just doesn't make the cut (I actually deleted his verse)...

G. Rap comes equipped with that gun talk, boulevard bully rap.....Not sure when this dropped (doesn't say on the record) but I'm assuming between 2003 - 2007......

Illstreet / Downlow Records.....

"Thugs Anthem"



I caught some other fresh cuts but I have to keep some jewels for myself....HAHA...

Big up to everyone that comes to the BATTLEFIELD on the daily........Brace yourself for more blazers this week....If you have music that you want to submit - e mail me at ZJUDAH@YAHOO.COM......I promise that I will give it a thorough listen..

Peace-
D

5 comments:

Donaleski said...

Attack ov tha crackness... that dig u dug is almost priceless...

Drasar Monumental said...

HAHAHAHAHA......BE ON THE LOKOUT FOR BATTLEFIELD FUNK RADIO THIS WEEK......IT'S GOING TO BE A DOOZY....

PEACE-
D

BIG D O said...

where the production digs tho?

I know you diggin up some great Hip-Hop, wassup with the crate shit that you finna flip tho...I know it's a science, i know...lol...you still need to hit us with that one time...

Donaleski said...

The Diaz Bros is particularly good wit the Roy Ayers' sample... very tight, very simple, juss like it should be!

Drasar Monumental said...

More sample based joints in the near future...

HOLD TIGHT...

Good lookin folks-
D