Monday, March 21, 2011

" Crate Damage, Part 1 "



* Above pic.....Me, Sha Onerz, & Peezoe (Funk What Ya Heard)....

As promised, I'm going to hit you off with precious jewels straight from my overflowing temple of crates......Of course I will sprinkle other post throughout the week, but I am determined to bring out certified vinyl treats at least once a day for all of the HIP HOP BATTLEFIELD faithful.......

Before I get started though, I feel it is mandatory that I give you a glimpse into my history....

My father was apart of a mobile D.J. unit in the early 80's (Boogieland Express).....Every week, my father and his crew would load up a van full of turntables, records, etc and head out to provide music for high school students, B-Boy contest, military party-goers, and various other types of functions in the southern California region.....

Sometimes they would even set up their equipment in the front yard and get busy for all the kids in the immediate area....

Needless to say, I was under a heavy spell by the beats, so I decided to follow in my father's footsteps and demanded that he purchase a set of turntables for me on my 8th birthday......

Pops did the right thing and set me up with a pair of wobbly turntables and a brand new "Realistic" mixer.....The first record I bought was Grandmixer D.S.T. & The Infinity Rappers- "The Grandmixer Cut's It Up" 1983...I still have this record to this day...

While most kids were out playing hide and go-seek, I was holed up in the crib trying to get my blends and scratches together....Instead of playing with G.I. Joe figures, I had my hands wrapped around the newest Profile Records release...

SERIOUSLY........

Within a short period of time I had amassed a substantial amount of crates.....

Boom...... Fast forward to 2011 and I'm still on the same frequency.....Most of my collection consist of Hip Hop shit- past and present, but I also have plenty Jazz, Bossa-Nova, breaks, funk, reggae, obscure wierdo shit, psych rock, and of course mad hardcore punk rock joints (More on that some other time)....

I think you get the motherfuckin point....I'm one of those vinyl dudes...

When Serato first came out I was mad at the whole situation....Now, I could care less.....Do what you do, it doesn't matter what format you use, just try to keep it flavorful....Sticking with vinyl is a PERSONAL preference for me, but I can't expect everyone to subscribe to my way of thinking.....I stick with vinyl because it enables me to pay homage to the ORIGINAL way the art form was handed down to me.....

So now that I got all the extra shit out of the way, here is a record from the stacks that makes me flashback to a interesting period in my life....Lejuan Love- "My Hardcore Rhymes" 1989...........



Why can't teenagers rhyme with this much passion in the 21st century?

Listen up...Luke Skywalker Records 1989.....

4 comments:

Drasar Monumental said...

Thank you......Damn, I didn't know any women scoped out my blog.....

Your blog is dope by the way....

Peace-
D

donaleski said...

Militant 4 eva shine...

Drasar Monumental said...

SAY WORD....

OUT-
D

Unknown said...

Been waitin for "Crate Damage"! Dope shit!!!