Tuesday, February 23, 2010

" West Coast Classics "



" I used to sell mixtapes, but now I'm an M.C.eeeeeeeeeee / I rock the rhymes and beats, I used to slang those tapes ".......

The Nonce-" Mixtapes " Wild West Records...

Wow, that record used to get a lot of burn on my decks....So did "J To The I", "Keep It On", "Things Fall Apart", "On The Road",
"Bus Stops", and almost everything else the " Nonce " put out...(The Advanced State Of Regression, Advanced Regression & The Right State Of Mind)

After the mysterious death of "Yusef Afloat", I often wondered if "Nouka Basetype / Sach Hill Pages" would carry the torch musically for his fallen comrade...

I didn't hear anything for a couple years than out of nowhere he dropped " Seven Days To Engineer ", he followed that up in 2002 with " Suckaz Hate Me "....In 2005 his third solo album was released, " Sach 5th Ave "....

All decent albums, I recommend adding them to your collection if you don't have them already....I stumbled upon " Sach's " My Space page recently just to see what he was up to in 2010 ( No I don't have a MySpace account, Face Book account, or a Twitter account, the only account I have is a bank account that barely has any money in it due to my record buying tantrums ) ...

Just as I suspected: Lo-Fi funky beats, crazy rhyme patterns, and that "Nonce" sound that I miss very much these days...

Salute to you "Sach" for keeping the vibes alive....

TAKE A LISTEN..

2 comments:

BIG D O said...

Ha! Another great gem from the past...

really hope those brothas is managing to get by these days...havn't heard from em' in a minute...

Drasar Monumental said...

R.I.P.

Yusef Afloat....