Wednesday, February 10, 2010

" Salute To Big Pun "



The first time I heard " Big Pun " was on that Funk Master Flex volume one mixtape.....I couldn't believe what the fuck I was hearing straight up and down...

He had the " Kool G.Rap " multi-syllable attack down pat, but he threw a different type of twist on it unlike the majority of "G-
Rap " clones out there...And when " I'm Not A Player " dropped (produced by Money Boss Player- Minnesota) I was convinced that Pun was going to shake things up...



Unfortunately " Pun " never had the chance to watch his career blossom into the legendary status that it is today...Can you imagine how fucking ill he would sound in 2010....WOW...

It's been ten years since " Pun " passed and it would be impossible to fill the void he left...

Christopher Rios you are missed..

Here is a clip of Pun's first ever radio appearance on the " Stretch & Bobbito's " show August 31st, 1995...God damn this is just ridiculous ya'll....Pun really blacks out on this one....

This what Bobbito had to say about this particular recording.....

"In ‘95, Fat Joe brought up Armeggedon, Keith Nut, and Big Dog The Punisher to freestyle on me and Stretch’s show. After the session, I thought in my head, “That dude Big Dog killed it!” That was the first time anyone ever heard him live, and perhaps the first time anyone ever heard of him period as he was unsigned and had never appeared on any of Fat Joe’s records yet. Two years later he was on Loud Records with a big hit “Not A Player” and went multi-plat, etc. Cool story and good memory. He had a very tough image to the public, but around me, Stretch, and Sear, who are all clowns, Pun was a bug out, liked to snap and joke around just like anyone else."

Peace to DW...

DOWNLOAD

No comments: