Wednesday, June 30, 2010

" Respect The Vets: R.I.P. Rammellzee "



Any rapper that ever rocked a mask (M.F.Doom), rapped in a high pitched nasal voice (B-Real, Kool Keith), or approached Hip Hop from a off-kilter, bugged out standpoint, owes a tremendous debt to the man known as, "Rammellzee"...

After Guru passed away I told myself that I was done with R.I.P. post, but I would be a fool to not take time out to salute someone who was involved in my favorite Hip Hop movie of all time, "Wild Style"...

Gone but not forgotten....R.I.P. Rammellzee 1960-2010..

And for those unfamiliar with his work- You seriously need to check out this fifty minute interview with Rammellzee on "Uncommon Radio"...WOW.......Props to Fresh Paint for the link...

DOWNLOAD

4 comments:

Sonny said...

and not to mention what he brought to the art of letters, "panzerism": letters that had armor and defensive postures... dude was on another level. Rest In Power playa!

Drasar Monumental said...

NO QUESTION....

PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE INTERVIEW....

PEACE-
D

Mac McRaw said...

Sad, sad lose...the Sun Ra of Hip Hop.....at least now Ramm:Ell:Zee can go back to the future where he came from R.I.P...."can you get my drift?"

Drasar Monumental said...

YEAH MAN,

A LOT OF OUR HEROES ARE PASSING AWAY THESE DAYS...IT'S SEEMS AS IF A CRITICAL ERA HAS COME TO A CLOSE SOMEWHAT.....

DONDI, FROSTY FREEZE, GURU, MICHAEL JACKSON, RAMMELLZEE, ETC....

AHHHH, WE HAVE OUR WORK CUT OUT FOR US...

THANKS FOR CHECKING IN DOGZ...

PEACE-
D