Sunday, June 13, 2010

" Hardcore Hip Hop Will Never Die, Part 4 "



I like my Hip Hop a little rough around the edges (If you haven't noticed by now)...Matter of fact some of my favorite tracks were probably recorded in someone's stank dungeon/bedroom with blunt ashes spilled everywhere, crates thrown about, and Hip Hop idols splattered all over the walls (Reminds me of my lab actually)....

Whenever I have done any work in a heavy-duty studio, I felt uneasy....In my opinion-dope Hip Hop can be made on a 4-track set up...Some dudes have things all twisted: They think the more money that they spend on equipment, the better their music will be...

You don't need all that space-age equipment to come up with fly shit, all you need is a creative mind with a little knowledge of what this shit is REALLY about (YA HEARD ME)....

Anyway, hardcore Hip Hop will never die my man.....When it comes to grimy, no nonsense, street bully rap-"Minnesota" is one of the last true kings....He rhymes, produces (Made the beat for "Not A Player" for Big Pun- just in case you forgot), and engineers his own stuff....POW,POW,POW..

This joint came out a couple years back, but it still bangs !!!!!!

"Modus Operendi"





Peace to my manz, "Hektek" in the B.X.

No comments: