Wednesday, March 31, 2010

" Beat Tape Shit "



Beat tapes. Beat tapes, say it with me brethren...BEAT TAPES.......Everybody and their momma have a motherfuckin beat tape out kid...With this new influx of beat nerds trying to make noise, it gets harder and harder to sift through the mundane in order to find the golden nuggets...

My only problem with most of these beat tapes, is that many are lacking the explosiveness factor..For real, I find myself snoring through most of these joints..ZZZZZZZZZZZ....Try adding a couple scratches to your project, movie samples, odd segues, unpredidctable sequences and just maybe you will seperate yourself from the rest of the pack...

Anyway, let me get off my high horse and just bless ya'll with the goods...This beat tape by the M.A.W. (The 1974 E.P.) had it's moments, here are a couple beats that will make you nod your dome piece....

"Do Something"

DOWNLOAD

"Channel Autumn"

DOWNLOAD

No comments: