Sunday, May 3, 2009

" Wax Weapons 21, Every Posse Get Flat Version "


My father and his side of the family are from the Cayman Islands ( GEORGETOWN STAND UP ) , so growing up I heard all types of Caribbean music played in the household...Roots and culture, soca, calypso, ska, lovers rock, dub, and even a little bit of slackness ( My dad loved Yellowman )..

And to this day I keep some reggae in heavy rotation..Burro Banton, Ninjaman, Cutty Ranks, Tenor Saw, Merciless, Prince Far I, Louie Rankin....WHAT WHAT....My crates are full of heavy top rankin cuts...

So for this week's " Wax Weapons " I decided to bring some rudebwoy flavors into the mix..You will hear some " Just- Ice ", " Jr. Demus ", " Red Foxx " and all types of SHOTTA tunes with a Hip Hop twist..

You know the drill , 30 minutes of live blends by DRASAR MONUMENTAL....Just sit back and relax, turn the volume to ten, go cop a Red Stripe, and prepare for another episode...( And to all my family in Cayman, see you in a couple months..)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

word im gonna rock this for these atl crunk jiggy young lil mfs lol big ups selecta drasar killing sound bowys from boston to cali seen boston brethren