Thursday, May 7, 2009

" Originality : The 6th Element Of Hip Hop "


When it comes to this blog shit, I try my hardest to bring something to the table that you won't see on many other sites..If everyone is going to sit around and post the same music, what's the point ?..And I am not saying this in a self- righteous / Hip Hop elitist kind of way..I am saying this with a common sense, anti- robot sentiment..

How many times have you ventured into cyber- space and seen the exact same shit everywhere ? You would figure that with the aid of the internet fools would be on their motherfuckin GRIZZLY.And some sites are ( without a fraction of a doubt ), but it is starting to look like PAYOLA is becoming a factor in the blog world.Don't act like you don't know what time it is famz..Last year for the first time in history, digital downloads outsold every other musical medium ( Records, C.D.'s, etc )..So you know what that means, record companies are on a mission to get a slice of that pie...

That's why you see the exact same 20 songs everywhere you look..But you can rest assured that on HIP HOP BATTLEFIELD originality is a key factor over here..Many of the things that I post up are from my record collection just to even every thing out.

And with that being said, here is some truly original shit right here, " Jamalski " ( One time BDP Posse member )...When he came out in 92-93 you could tell he was one of those original styling cats...In later years he ventured into the Drum And Bass realm ( Which I wasn't really digging ), but I still couldn't front on him because I enjoyed his earlier work so much... SALUTE..

" Jump Spread Out " ( CLASSIC ) With P. Lee on the production...


And " Piece Of Reality "...This is my joint right here..

2 comments:

BIG D O said...

man, you ain't lyin'....you see that bullshit "Top 20 Hip-Hop Blogs" that Vibe just did an article on? lol, Miss Info's was like no.5 or some shit....SMH...

diggs81 said...

bAnGiN!