Monday, April 6, 2009

" Wax Weaponz 20, Tony D Tribute Version "


After Tony D's wife dropped me a line ( Peep the last comment section ) I decided to stop wasting time and dig in my crates to put a " TD " mix together....Since " Wax Weaponz " is only 30 minutes long I had to keep it short and flavorful....But you will hear a true diverse representation of " TD " selections...

This is all wax...No Serato, No editing tricks, No additives or preservatives....Just a one - take mix session, done by none other than ," Mr. DRASAR MONUMENTAL "...In upcoming months I plan on seeing a bunch of " TD " flag wavers coming out of the wood work...That's all fine and dandy, but have these same cats went out and bought his records ?....Did they support his movement from then to now ?

The bottom line is that " TD 's " music will never be forgotten.... My condolences go out to his friends and family. May he rest In peace....

2 comments:

DJ FATHA RAMZEE said...

Peace Fam,
I'm from Trenton NJ Home of the Illest DJ's, Spitters and Producers and a pioneer dj and producer from our area and I speak for the entire Trenton Hip Hop family in saying that the love is appreciate that you've shown for our dude Tony D.

Trust that there will be much coming from Trenton for we will hold our people down FOREVER!
Whoever wants to represent whether flag waiver or friend or family...it's all good.

We have all the pressed material that Tony D did, and I have endless material that the world has never heard and we have beats that the man did that will be used to keep his name alive with artists from Trenton representing and keeping our existence ongoing.

So from the original records, to serato, to tape decks, cd turntables, whatever...it's about the love and not the race to be the first to do something or the best. In a song Tony said he'd make a beat out of pots and pans.

There is no disrespect intended in this comment, but we want to make sure that we all exercise our abilities to keep a great mans work alive. He deserves as much as he can get from the entire Hip Hop community in Trenton, NJ and all over the world because he gave us all good times, memories and music to enjoy.

So rest assure fam your intent is genuine, but lets just take this moment to celebrate for the Master of the Moaning Beats, Grand Poobah, Harvey Wallbanger, The Boss of Bosses, Trenton's own Tony D. Peace

Drasar Monumental said...

Word up cousin.....Believe me when I tell you this brother...I was not trying to get credit/pub/props for doing anything....Just paying hommage, nothing more or less....When I made the flag waiver comment, that was aimed at the cats that are more opportunist than genuine fans...( You know how that go..)...Regardless, nuff respect to you and all of Jersey....R.I.P. Tony D..