Tuesday, December 21, 2010

" Joint Of The Day "



I could never figure out why people slept on "Styles Of Beyond" ?

They had dope beats, aggressive battle raps, and that extra spice that separated them from a bunch of non-descriptive groups that came out at that time ....

Ryu, Tak, Cheapshot, and Vin Skully put out two albums (2000 Fold & Megadef), and a solid mixtape "Razor Tag" in 2007....I'm not quite sure if they are still recording, but I do know Ryu is involved with a new group called the "Get Busy Committee".....

Check out this new heat with Ryu on the mic & Apathy on the boards (I Did It To Myself)........This sample sounds mad familiar, but I can't call it right now........



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! That sample is Christmas Time is Here from the Peanuts by Vince Guaraldi. Step your Christmas game up fam!

Matt from Chicago

Drasar Monumental said...

HAHAHAHAA....

What up Matt....Yo, I'm not really that Christmas dude so you have to forgive me fam...

Damn, now the song isn't as fresh to me.....BAHUMBUG HAHAHA.......Nah, his lyrics are on-point...