Wednesday, December 29, 2010

" Drasar Monumental Remix Rampage "



Defenders Of The Faith (Checkmate & Concise) are a duo from Vancouver, British Columbia that deserve more recognition for their brand of heat....Back in 2000 they put out Bait & Switch b/w These Days & Times on their own "Double Up" record label....

These Days & Times was the winner for me......Production by Mr. Attic (Grassroots) with extra swift scratches by Lil Jaz (Remember him ?).......Over the years they have put out many singles, mixtapes, and an album or two.....I'm surprised more cats in the States aren't aware of them, because when I headed up to Vancouver a year ago, they were a household name......(Yeah the above pic is me in Vancity channeling the spirits-HAHA)



Anyway, I decided to give them the remix face-lift, and add my own grime to the mix.........Things got so out of hand that the motherfuckin electricity went out (Seriously).....

Once the powered was restored, I had to start from scratch and try to put the production puzzle back together.........MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.......

So strap on your parachute, lace up those combat boots, tighten up your war goggles- I'M GOING IN !!!

* If you have wack computer speakers you are not going to hear the low end science properly......

Take a listen- "These Days & Times"- Drasar Monumental Remix...



And just to keep it 100- Here is a video from the Defenders, "Make Money-2009".......VANCITY STAND UP..

2 comments:

theVextOne said...

that beat burned my noisehairs out son!!...my ladies thank you. lookin forward to enterin the DropZone 2300 hours in your time zone.
GOOD MORNIN VIETNAM!!!

Drasar Monumental said...

WORD LIFE COUSIN.....YOU KNOW THE DRILL...

VIETNAM CALIFORNIA STAND UP....

AUDI 5000-
D