Tuesday, February 14, 2012

" The Return Of Actual Facts "



Back when I first started this blog over four years ago (damn, time is literally flying), I rocked a short lived segment entitled, "Actual Facts"...I would hit ya'll off with 10 lesser known Hip Hop facts just to keep things interesting over here..Since I'm in a giving mood today I decided to resurrect "AF" in the 2012 season to help raise your Hip Hop morale levels..So without further delay here it is folks.

Grab your popcorn, ice cold beverages, and stop eating all those god damn sweets for a minute (it is Valentines Day right ?), and prepare for some BATTLEFIELD jewelry..

1. Contrary to popular belief, Q-Bert is not the inventor of the hamster scratch technique....That title would go to DJ Quest from the "Bulletproof Scratch Hamsters", hence the name...

2. I love Fab Five Freddy just like everyone else (He helped the movie Wild Style get created, and he also directed the BDP "My Philosophy" video for christ sake, not to mention hosting MTV raps, etc), but it is a fact that he recently took credit for some artwork that wasn't 100 % his own...READ MORE HERE IF YOU THINK I'M BULLSHITTING...

3..Please let it be known that Money Boss Player "Minnesota" is responsible for the production on Big Pun's classic song, "I'm Not A Player"...R.I.P.

4.That cornball from the Black Eyed Peas "Will. I. Am.", was once signed by the late great Eazy E to Ruthless Records as part of the group Atban Klan..They were a hybrid of the Pharcyde & Arrested Development...IMAGINE THAT..

5.. According to King Sun on the Preserving The Culture podcast, he helped ghostwrite bars for Fat Joe on his debut album "Represent".....For some reason I wasn't surprised by that one in the least...HA.

6.. DRASAR is a acronym for DANGEROUS-RHYMES-ASSASSINATE-SUCKERS-AT-RANDOM.......Yeah I make beats, spin, and rap circles around most of these lames I hear trying to clutch mics.....Get your motherfuckin bars up !!!

7..Funky Four Plus One were the first Hip Hop act on National T.V. (Saturday Night Live)...

8..M.C. Hammers album "Please Hammer Don't Hurt Em" from 1990 is ten times platinum......That goes to show you that it wasn't all good during Hip Hop's golden age people....

9..9th Prince (Killarmy) and the RZA are biological brothers....

10..That's it for now troopers...Be on the lookout for more heat on the BATTLEFIELD this week duke, and that's a motherfuckin fact jack.

No comments: