Monday, September 12, 2011

" Vocabulary Spill, Part 3 "



Yeah, I know you do not come to HIP HOP BATTLEFIELD to read about my personal opinions on things, but fuck it this is my blog so I can do whatever I want, when I want...

Every once in awhile I have to hit the decompress button and vent about various situations that are puzzling to me.....So latch on to your seat belts and brace yourself for some BATTLEFIELD turbulence....



1..."LYRICALLY DEFICIENT ROBOTS"

Wow, I can't believe how lame some of these so-called rappers are these days.....I'm talking elementary school bars.......The other night I went out and heard a girl get on the mic and spit bullshit like this, "I'm so California / like a sushi roll".........

And if that wasn't bad enough, she followed up that nonsense with, "I'll burn your ass / like a calorie".......

I got so mad I felt like going down to the nearest grocery store to buy a dozen eggs, then roll back to the jam and pelt her with all twelve of the those joints right in her motherfuckin face.....

We went from "Lyrical Kings" like T-La Rock, G-Rap, Rakim, to cornball rhymers that have no right clutching microphones in front of anyone.........

You suckers better cut out all that foolishness, your embarrassing yourself.....




2...."SWEET AS ALIZE BEATS"

I'm not one of those "throwback brothers" that think everything after 1996 sucks....I'm still a dedicated Hip Hop student and I dig extremely hard to hear fresh material on the regular (past and present).....

With that being said though, I have to admit that most of the production I hear lately has been soft as shit.....Back in the day we were trying to get away from sappy R-N-B tracks.....

I never embraced "New Jack Swing" or any of that other watered down fluff...

When you rhyme that gangster shit over candy beats, it doesn't add up......When you rhyme that revolution talk over happy beats, it doesn't add up......When you you rhyme that crime boss steez over tinkerbell beats, it doesn't add up....

Timeless Hip Hop is created when you have a perfect marriage between top notch lyrics, over top notch production.....

Some of you producers need to sell your god damn samplers.....Better yet, donate them joints to cats that have a real understanding of what Hip Hop production is all about......

I'm sick and tired of hearing your soft ass beats....




3...."SMART DUMMIES"..

Remember when Hip Hop dudes took pride in reading books ?

You have to turn off your computer sometimes and go to your nearest bookstore, library, and immerse yourself into some quality reading material.....

The downside to certain technology "advancements" is that our attention spans are getting fried out....Everyone is looking for a short cut, instead of putting in the proper work...

With the closing of "Borders" it appears as if e-books are the future for some.......Nah, I'm going to continue buying books as much as I buy records.....




4..."WACK RAP NAMES"

"Black Spade", "Black Jigg", "V-Nasty", "White Girl Mobb", "Zeek Lotto", "Juicy-J", "Young Breed", "Young Guru", "French Montana", "Torch", and too many other ones to even deal with on this post...




5...."Hip Hop Jeopardy"..

Contrary to popular belief, having a deep knowledge of Hip Hop history is essential if you ever want to be considered a serious Hip Hop head....

If you are one of those cats that scream "West Coast, West Coast", and you don't even know who "Toddy T" or who "Uncle Jams Army" are - you need to get your motherfuckin mind right.....

If you are one of those cats that scream "Miami, Miami", and you don't know about the "Ghetto Style D.J.'s" or "Gucci Crew" - you need to get your motherfuckin mind right...

If you are one of those cats that scream "Brooklyn, Brooklyn", and you don't know about "Audio 2" or "Hitman Howie T" - you need to get your motherfuckin mind right....FAST.......

I'm not one to pat myself on the back, but I can promise you that you "do not want it" with Mr. Hip hop Battlefield when it comes to that Hip Hop Jeopardy shit......HAHAHA....

That's it for now, I think I have ranted on long enough....

Send all Hip Hop trivia and hate mail to ZJUDAH @ YAHOO. COM

5 comments:

The Kool Skool said...

Your not wrong bro! People need to stop watching ----- (insert this weeks "hot Rapper") talking trash about ----- (insert last weeks "hot Rapper"), and read a muuuh f**kin' book! ahahhaha!
Hope your good family! Speak your mind,
peace

Anonymous said...

indeed i like this express youre self so suhi and burn youre ass like a calorie ive heard that line 100 times and watered down beats are weak just because cats have a mpc or sp1200 or 100 cans of montana dosent make them raw and it is youre blog big ups stay up i feel you alter ha---

Drasar Monumental said...

EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION RIGHT ?

MOST OF THE TIME I KEEP MINE TO MYSELF BECAUSE "NO ONE FUCKIN CARES ANYMORE".....

BUT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE I HAVE TO SHOOT FROM THE HIP.......BIG UP YALL, I SEE YOU....

ONE-
D

Daily Diggers said...

TRUE DAT!

Knowledge is the key, and most of these new cats have very little.

I'm behind you 100% on this one D.

Kid Dyno

Unknown said...

Dope post...oh and wack names fam?...

Nicki Minaj
Lil Wayne
Gudda Gudda
Tyga
Drake
Wiz Khalifa
ASAP Rocky
Frank Ocean
Earl Sweatshirt
Tyler The Creator
Kreayashawn
Mac Miller
Lil B
Wacka Flocka Flame
Mr Mothafuckin Xrteme

Not to mention they are all wack and and have no business being in Hip Hop...I miss the 80's and 90's so damn much.

For a good look at how wack "Hip Hop" has become check that Complex 25 best new Rappers, everyone except Action Bronson is mad trash.