Saturday, September 19, 2009

" R.I.P.- GrandMaster Roc Raida "


For the last couple days I have heard a couple things about " Roc Raida's " hospitalization....I was alarmed but I figured he was young, and everything would be alright...

All of the sudden, BAM....Twitter is on fire with R.I.P. " Roc Raida " dedications......What, this can't be....There must be some type of mistake or something....So I decided to check " All Hip Hop.Com " to see what the official word was........

Unfortunately " Roc Raida " passed away earlier this morning.....Not quite sure how or what the details are surrounding his death
( The car crash or martial arts scenario are still unconfirmed ) ....

What a crazy year this has been....

Roc Raida was one of the nastiest on the decks....I ran into him a couple times, and what struck me about " Raida " was how humble he was....We talked briefly about some of his production accomplishments, ( I always loved that " Funky Piano " beat he did for " E. Brothers " ), touring, upcoming projects, etc......

I'm at a loss for words right now.....Instead of blogging, I'm going to get on the turntables and play some " Roc Raida " joints loud as fuck.....

That album he did with " Wayne- O " will be the first one on the list.......R.I.P. brother, you will be missed.......


2 comments:

BIG D O said...

Jesus christ....tremendously saddening...R.I.P.

Drasar Monumental said...

TRUE...