Tuesday, September 15, 2009

" Hip Hop Battlefield Rants "


Welcome to my new column " HHBR ".....Every week I will let off a full clip of rants, opinions, observations, etc.....So fasten your seat belt homeskillet, I'm going in.......

1...This past weekend I went to a B Boy battle in Santa Rosa California... ( The Rose HAHAHA ) I couldn't believe how ill some of these cat's are....Just when you think you have seen it all, a new move, or a new combination slaps you back into reality.....

For example this cat from Sacramento ( forgot his name, my bad ) tapped me on the shoulder and asked me " Should I add another one ", I turned around and replied, " Sure black, go ahead "........I had no idea what the fuck he was talking about, but instantly I noticed a group of seven people, on all fours, lined up in a row.....He gives me a strange look, then proceeds to run as fast as he could towards the group......Then out of nowhere he jumps up and does a gang of ninjitsu type, corkscrew flips over the heap of bodies on the floor.......God damn.....He cleared them by at least a two feet....

That was some crazy shit that I will never forget, and I will never forget when my manz " Sha- Onerz " stopped the B Boy battle to bless me with the jacket you see in the above picture....Thank you Akhi, you always have a suprise up your sleeve.....And a big shout out to Remind, Crumbs, Zulu Gremlin, Bas Onerz, Ground Level, P, Dragon, Mannie, Mane One ( your funny as hell duke ), Mel, Foots, Goblin, those cat's from Miami, and Renegade Rockers for winning the whole shit.....

2..." THE BLOG GAME "..........When I first started this blog, I approached it from a disgruntled Hip Hop Head standpoint....I wanted to lash out at everybody that I felt was wack, I wanted to pop blog shots at anyone who was half-stepping, and put a spotlight on fools who souled their soul just to exploit Hip Hop for financial gain.....Lofty ideas right....

Now a year and a half later, my focus for " Hip Hop Battlefield " has definitely changed....Instead of putting my energy into things I obviously can't control, I would rather spend that time harnessing my own skills....We all know that wack motherfuckers exist, but everytime someone makes an alternative to the fuckery, WE WIN......

Instead of crying about bringing the 90's back, cat's need to be creative, study the right blueprints, clique up with like-minded individuals and DO YOU.......

3...." The Great Recession ".......Funny how everyone is making it rain in a god damn recession...Stores are closing up shop, I notice more homeless families digging through my trash, close friends with degrees can't even find a decent job, foreclosures on homes everywhere you look, prisons filling up past capacity ....Where is the next " Public Enemy " ?....

4.... " Kanye West Fiasco ".....To be honest, I never cared for his music....NEVER....But he should get a job as a comedian, because he is one funny ass brother.....Everyone acting like the " M.T.V Awards " are so prestigious...Fuck M.T.V until they bring Dre, Fab 5, and Ed Lover back.......POW...

5.." Gangster Robots ".........In the late 80's early 90's, California was a motherfucking war zone....At the high school I went to fools would get slapped up, stabbed, stomped out, on the regular....Dudes that used to be all " B Boyed up ", traded in their Lee jackets, for Raiders parka jackets and started flagging colors.......I'm actually suprised I made it through that era ( some of my closest friends didn't )....But what even suprises me more is that in 2009, I see a resurgence in gangbanging activity......Wow...Are you cat's for real, you need to knock that shit off before you get hit off with that DRAMA.....

6....If you want me to review your music send to ZJUDAH@YAHOO.COM.....Please do not send me that weirdo bullshit, PLEASE...

7..." Over Analytical Hip Hop Bloggers "........I'm not one of those bloggers that's going to bless you with a Hip Hop essay every time I post ( Even though I easily could, I used to be a journalist for a major newspaper in Sacramento )......Plus, I can't give all my jewels away dogz.....If we are face to face, we can chop it up about the science of this shit, but don't expect me to over analyze every nuance of someone's music on every post......

8....That's it for now fam, see you on the flip side.......

No comments: