Thursday, June 11, 2009

" M.F. DOOM VS. PERCEE P "



There is a rhyme that M.C. Ren flipped on the " Kiss My Black Ass " ( E.P. ), that always stood out to me....It goes a little something like this folks....

" Fuck all those niggas with live instruments on the stage / save that shit for parades..And while your at it why don't you dress like a clown / and draw yourself a permanent frown...Rappers back in the days didn't have band's in the blueprints / cause it wouldn't make sense......Niggas doing this should retire / niggas looking like Earth ,Wind and Fire..."

On the surface this rhyme might appear to be some simple minded shit to some, but in actuality " Ren " is dropping some heavy science here ( I will elaborate a little bit more in upcoming post HAHAHAH )...

And for the most part I agree with his theory...I would rather hear dusty samples being wrecked than hearing m.c's get loose over live instruments any day of the week..

But " The Roots", " El Michels Affair " and several other bands would get my vote if I was to travel in the "LIVE HIP HOP BAND " category....The United Kingdom's " Heliocentrics " are another band that deserve some credit....

Check out the song they did with " M.F. Doom and " Percee P " ( Distant Star )...

DOWNLOAD

And while your at it peep the collabo they did with " Guilty Simpson " ( Before I Die ).....It has one of the illest intros I have heard in a long time...LISTEN UP....

No comments: