Monday, June 8, 2009

" Brazilian Funk Mode "


I can't even front,I didn't know of the great Brazilian outfit ( Azymuth ) until " Madlib " recorded a album with their drummer Ivan Conti...

On a recent digging mission in Vancouver Canada, the homie Dave Jones put me up on some of their material..I was truly blown away by what I heard, and vowed to cop every piece of wax I could find that bore their name.

Azymuth is a three piece band from Rio De Janeiro and the other two members are Alex Malheiros ( Bass, guitars ), and Jose Roberto Bertrami ( Keyboards )... They formed in 1972 and continue to record and tour to this day...

With over 20 albums under their belt, it's hard to believe more people in the states are unaware of them..

Here are a couple of my favorite cuts from the 1975 album..If this doesn't help jump start your Monday, you might need to get your funk bone checked out cousin...Enjoy..

" Face De Conta " --DOWNLOAD

" Caca A Raposa "--DOWNLOAD

" Manha "--DOWNLOAD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Azymuth! They are one of the best. Check out Arthur Verocai if you haven't peeped his LP yet.

Matt

Drasar Monumental said...

WORD UP, WILL DO COUSIN....