Wednesday, January 7, 2009

" Tony Starks, Beat Junkies Collabo "


I received this " D.J. Rhettmatic " mixtape this morning, and after listening to it from start to finish, I have to give it the thumbs up....For all you cats that follow the " Beat Junkies ", you know how they get down.....Doubles, blends, nasty scratches, basically doing what a D.J. is SUPPOSED to do { but extremely well } .....This mix is over an hour long, which makes it perfect for winter traveling.....This is what " Rhettmatic " had to say regarding the project....

Peace Everyone,
It’s the day of Christmas Eve and I just wanted to give y’all one more treat for the holidays.
This particular mix is called “36 DEADLY DARTS”….it’s the official “Ghostface Killah Doll” Mix CD; well, it’s supposed to be. Amish from 4Cast Unlimited reached out to me last year to make a mix with a collection of Ghostface songs that would be an accompaniment to the limited edition doll. A least 1,000 CDs were made; half Amish would pass out during the clothing trade shows such as Magic, the other half, I would sell while I was on the road. There were actually some Ghostface dolls made (and btw, they look dope, considering how expensive it was…i think retail was going for $200. The doll had a real Gold Chain.) The last time I heard, it was in production.
Anyways, there was a buzz for the doll and I actually got a thumbs up from Ghostface for the mix, but for some reason, I don’t think the official doll ever came out, nor the mix CD. It’s been over a year and I haven’t heard anything official of the release of the doll or the CD, so I decided, why not share it with you good peoples…..I really like the mix and I really put some work into this. It would be nice to have people actually hear it. If some of you good peoples actually have the official Mix CD with the official artwork and all, consider yourself lucky!
So everybody, download the mix, share it with your friends, post it up on your music blogs (sorry Shake, 4Cast did the mixtape in conjunction with HipHopGame when it was supposed to come out, that’s why you hear those HipHopGame drops….), & hopefully yall would like the mix.
Thanks for peeping out this mix as well as the KDAY mixes and the Khrysis mixtape. Happy Holidays peoples…see you in 2009!
Rhettmatic
Beat Junkies
Visionaries
Download

No comments: