Sunday, January 4, 2009

" Inside The Laboratory "


At this point in my life, my record collection is the most expensive thing that I own .....If you ever stepped foot in my crib, the first thing you would notice is the over abundance of vinyl in every direction...A common question I hear is, " How and the hell do you make beats here, your records are taking up all the space " ?....Or...." Do you really need all these records " ?....And my personal favorite, " What the fuck are you gonna do when you have to move " ?.....To set the record straight folks, I am still searching for that perfect beat....It's a life long quest, a life long commitment, a life long drive to unveil that old dusty magic...
And on that note, " Behind The Beat " { Ginko Press } is a interesting book indeed.....You get a inside glimpse into the home studios of Madlib, DJ Shadow, Spinna, Thes One, Beatminerz, Fat Jack, and Premier just to name a few...The books author { Rafael Rashid } , deserves much props for bringing something different to the coffee table....2 Thumbs up
Pick Up Here

No comments: