Monday, October 27, 2008

"True Life Hip Hop Stories", Mash Out Posse Edition...


It's 2003 {Sacramento California}, and tonight at the "Colonial Theatre" "Pitch Black", "Scratch {From The Roots}, Pharaoh Monch", and "M.O.P." are performing.......So I'm chilling with my dudes in the hospitality room, getting bent off of some brew when "M.O.P's" road manager step's to us......'What's up, these beers are "M.O.P's beer".......I reply, "oh word"....And glance at my dudes, and we slowly creep outta there...{not before grabbing a chocolate chip cookie to go}......Time to check out the show....."Pitch Black" did their thing........"Scratch" killed it...."Pharaoh" is the motherfuckin man live......."M.O.P." holy shit....One of the best performances I have ever seen in my life....Even though they scream like crazy, their enunciation is top notch.....You could hear every word, every rhyme crystal clear {hard to pull off live}.....I'm screaming at the top of my lungs, jumping up and down like I am at a "Bad Brains" concert.............As the night comes to a close, I spot a sweaty as fuck "Billy Danze" in the parking lot......I run up on him and say some shit like," You killed that shit G, keep it poppin".......He looks at me square in the eye and replies, "You god damn right, I'm not going back to selling crack to them kids"........I nodded my head and chuckled to myself as I stepped off in the opposite direction.........Shit is real...

No comments: