Saturday, August 30, 2008

" Zulu Nation's, King Kamonzi"


At this year's "Rock The Bells", I got the opportunity to build heavy with my Zulu brothers.....Peace to Mad Planet, Cashis D, Refa One, King Sha, King Kamonzi, Mannie, Ground Level, Cold Chris, Fooders, Kufu, Riff, Swift, and Bambaataa of course.............This is a interview I conducted with the international spokesman of the Zulu Nation, King Kamonzi.............He is a insightful brother, with a lot of jewels to share.....And I must also mention he is an m.c., that knows how to get the party started {Kamonzi,Cashis D, Swift, and Bam killed it at "Rock The Bells" }............Peep the interview.....

1.{HHBF}.......Iv'e seen you a couple times on the lecture circuit, so when I found out you were a m.c. I wasn't suprised. What are you bringing to the table lyrically, and what projects are you working on currently?

{Kamonzi}......Yeah, I don't just drop lyrics, I drop knowledge, wisdom and overstanding...The chidren today don't need to hear the same tired rappers with the same basic stories that all sound the same..Right now I am working on a album with a high power, uptempo, hyper-kinetic energy that will be released in Japan next year. I also will be putting together a Zulu Nation compilation album that will feature Zulu's from all over the U.S. as well as internationally......

2..{HHBF}.....What exactly is your title within the Zulu Nation, and how long have you been affiliated with the nation?

{Kamonzi}....I am the international spokesman for the Zulu Nation. I have been with the nation 10 years strong.....

3..{HHBF}......Biggest misconception about the Zulu Nation.....

{Kamonzi}....The biggest misconceptions I have encountered are those falsehoods about Zulu being some type of street gang organization..To set the record straight, Zulu Nation is a global Hip Hop awareness organization that stands for overcoming the negative through the positive and peace, unity, love and having fun...

4...{HHBF}....Where do you currently reside, and what countries have you travelled to?

{Kamonzi}...I reside in Milwaukee Wisconsin...I have travelled to Brazil, Belgium, England, Japan, Italy, Sweden, Czech Republic, Finland, England, Serbia, Canada, South Korea,Spain, Norway, Germany, Holland, and Switzerland.

5..{HHBF}...What is the current Hip Hop scene like in Milwaukee?

{Kamonzi}..I love my city and it is full of talented artist, but as a whole the Hip Hop scene in Milwaukee is making a resurgence after a long period of stagnation due to the lack of opportunities and outlets...

6..{HHBF}...Can you share some of your earliest Hip Hop memories?

{Kamonzi}.....Some of my earliest recollections of Hip Hop was first hearing the Sugar Hill Gang..The first song I heard was "Rappers Delight"..Back then we were dubbing everything on tapes, so when I finally saved up enough money, I bought the "8th Wonder"....The first major Hip Hop concert I went to was 'Fresh Fest" in Milwaukee 1984........

7..{HHBF}....Out of all the countries you have visited, which one had the greatest Hip Hop appreciation?

{Kamonzi}...A lot of countries appreciate Hip Hop, some even more than the U.S......But the ones that appreciate the most {In my opinion} are Germany and Japan...

8..{HHBF}..Ill stories......

{Kamonzi}....I have witnessed a lot of ill things on my travels throughout the world...Back in 2005 we were in a bullet train in Tokyo and we experienced a earthquake, all praise due that no one was hurt........

9...{HHBF}.....Shout outs....

{Kamonzi}.....If I gave shout outs it would take a whole notebook, so I will shout out the universe, Peace


Check for Kamonzi on myspace........A major big up to all the Zulu chapters all over the globe........UZN/NS/GBK

1 comment:

MMF said...

peace, where i can listen this King Kamonzi - Timeless? Did you have it?