Monday, November 16, 2009

" R.I.P.- Derek B "



U.K. Hip Hop pioneer " Derek B " passed away this morning from a heart attack ( He was 44 years old ) ..He was the first rapper that I have ever heard from Europe.." M.T.V. Raps " used to give " Bad, Young Brother " a lot of burn back in the day and I always appreciated how hype he sounded on that track..

He was also the first U.K. artist to be signed to Russell Simmons " Rush Management Company "...

Condolences to his family .....R.I.P. Derek B ( 1965- 2009 )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP Derek B! I remember hearing Bullet From A Gun in '88 and thinking it was the shit.

Matt from Chicago

BIG D O said...

Didn't know bout this....

thanks for the heads up...

Drasar Monumental said...

Yeah, he was ahead of the curve with his shit...I loved that " hype " era of Hip Hop when things were more aggressive....

R.I.P.