Wednesday, June 27, 2012

" Minnesota : A Bronx Frequency Runs Through It "


The South Bronx bomber "Minnesota" caught up with Amir Said (Beat Tips), for a nice in-depth interview that revolves around the science of Hip Hop production....You would be hard-pressed to find much info regarding Minnesota on the net, so do the right thing and check in with a quickness..

"BeatTips: Right now, reflectin’ back on your career, what producer or producers had the most influence on you early on? Who took you in early on?

Minnesota: SHOWBIZ!!! From Diggin’ In The Crates. That nigga opened my ears! Back when niggas was just sampling. Showbiz was the one that told me that I was listening to the records all wrong. Like, I would sample 1,2,3,4. He taught me 3 ½, 4 ½, 2 ½; like to catch it so awkward where nobody would be able to figure out what you did. He was the first person that showed me how to chop. And I just took it to Mars. He was on the SP 1200… I can always say that I owe all of that to Showbiz from Diggin’ In The Crates.

BeatTips: So how were you choppin’ before Show put you on?

Minnesota: Musically, it was like, when I got on the machine… you know how some producers are crazy over the megabytes and the gigahertz. I don’t know about none of that shit. I’m not technical AT ALL! My setup is hilarious to producers, when they come to my house, ‘cuz my shit is hooked up to a CD player! Niggas be buggin’ like, “Yo, where’s the studio?” I’m like, ‘Fuck a studio.’ I’m always more for the feeling of the music, or more for the frequency. Niggas be having the biggest studios and THEY BE TRASH!!! It’s never the machine, it’s the nigga"...

I couldn't have said it better myself...HAHA..

READ THE REST HERE...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dope interview!

William-Indiana

Drasar Monumental said...

HELL YEAH....

ALWAYS LOVED ALL THAT MBP SHIT...

ONE-
D

Chinese Products said...

Tools that out there to diagnose and scan challenges of various launch x431 gx3 car or truck models are mass. The important step for timely and effective repair is usually to spot the comprehensive difficulties exactly.